Sunday, February 12, 2012

Gorjuss Girl

Here's one of my all time favorites. I am sure that is obvious just based on my blog's design. It's the Gorjuss Girl from artist Suzanne Wolcott. Too cute. I also used some beautiful lace that I got on my trip to Turkiye last summer. My husband and I were just remarking this christmas season that we wouldn't have been able to make that trip if I was still sick as I was before (i.e. before the brain surgeries that I am celebrating this month). I even sent the doctor a photo collage from our trip in his office's christmas card just to let him know that we always remember that he is a big reason for many of the things that I can do now.Be sure to sign up for the blog candy opportunities....Feb 1st is the main sign up, people are being drawn from there daily! Feb 7th, 8th, 10th and 11th!! Leave a comment on each day that has candy being awarded. If you see your name, drop me your mailing address, htondre@aol.com

Project Materials: Cardstock (Bazzill, Neenah); Rubber Stamp (unknown); Ink (memento, Colorbox Chalk); Color (Copic Markers); Lace (Istanbul, Turkiye); Adhesives (Pop dots, Ribbon Glue, Glue All);

30 comments:

Trish said...

This is beautiful Holley. I love the Gorjuss girl images and you've made it into a fab card, accessorised with more of your incredible lace. TFS
Hugs,
Trish x

Sheetal Ahlawat said...

Lovely card Holley. Love the coloring :)

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the lace locally?

jessica said...

this is a beautiful card!! I love that sweet image!!
TFS :)

Svetlana said...

Cute card! Nice ribbon!

lora said...

Oh, love this cute girl so much!! Love the red colour here - it looks so beautiful Holley!

Larisa said...

She is so pretty) Great image! The laces on the sides look so beautiful here)

Hlora said...

Every time I love your cards much and more! You have your personal style of cardmaking Holley! Very nice this one))

Unknown said...

Hi Holley,
Wow that is some stunning lace sweetie. Love your cute Gorjuss girl too, fab colouring.
hugs
Dawn xx

CheckerBeads said...

aw, she is so sweet! love your card.

Anne

Nikki said...

So Cute and love the lace :) hugs Nikki

Nikki said...

So Cute and love the lace :) hugs Nikki

judyjstamper said...

lovely card, lace, and coloring Holley!

Rosalee said...

Gorgeous it is Holley. Love the lace and the image is colored beautifully.
Hugs, Rosalee

Teresa said...

Aww, I love those stamps! Beautiful card Holley..such a gorgeous red!
Hugs,T

Regena said...

Love ur card..the image is adorable

Snoopy said...

Such a sweet card! Love the lace you used on the sides too!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Anonymous said...

This card is adorable! Love the cute kitten!
Love Pearl x

Phyl said...

Ah I am into cats love her.
I wish I could put colors together as good as you do
Phyllis J
phylinvegas@earthlink.net

alethea said...

This is such a beautiful but simple card!! Love your colouring of the image!! Hugsxx

Malinda Broughton said...

This is such an adorable card! I really like your style.

Malinda
www.CreativeCardsandCrops.com

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

How sweet.

Tkat said...

love these images! cute :)

Glennis F said...

I love the gorguss girls too!

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeousness lace Holley! We're so glad that you are celebrating your health with us! You were certainly blessed and we're thankful for the skill your surgeon had!

ShersL84bed said...

Adorable Holley

Smiles Sher
ShersL84bed@aol.com

Kathy H said...

TOO sweet!!!

Holly Young said...

such a precious image, and super coloring! That lace is scrumptious!

Love crafts forever said...

This image remind me when i was a little girl. My Father used to made me a swing and i would grab my cat and take him for a swing.
Beautiful card.
Hugs Nataliya

Stacy H-W said...

She is gorjuss!! I think that lace is too. You have many blessings Holley.