Saturday, January 10, 2015

Shaker Cards, part 1

So, a while back, ok a LONG while back, like September, I told you that I took a fun shaker card making class at a scrapbook convention in San Marcos TX.  Here's one of the cards that I made in that class, hosted by SEI Scrapbooking.  They now have the cutest shaker card windows that make it just SUPER easy and way less messy for making shaker cards.  I have to admit, I was totally impressed with the class. I finished up three cards in a short time and had a blast.

Tomorrow I will share the other two cards that I did in the class, and I came home with a ton of goodies. I will say that when going to scrapbook conventions I find that SEI classes are always well planned out, have their supplies well done (and are very generous in their giving) and always hand out awesome prizes. Everyone in the class will get a prize with the grand prize always being something really great like a $50 goodie per class.  The lowest prizes being a treat like a bag of buttons or other store item (and you know I love buttons!).

14 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a beautiful shake card Holley
Gr Karin

Melody Strahan said...

I love Shaker Boxes!

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous! Love it!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Brawny x said...

Wow great shaker card Holley. Love it x

Rhonda Miller said...

I love this.

Jackie T said...

Hi Holley this is a fantastic shaker card. Have a great weekend. Hugs Jackie

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fantastic card x

Andree said...

A wonderful shaker card Holley. I love the beads you've used, I bet it sounds fabulous x

Anonymous said...

ive not done a shaker card in ages, lovely one from you and I do like the wording :D

Unknown said...

A fab shaker card Holley. Love the beads an buttons and backing. Hugs Jennifer xx

jane stillman said...

Absolutely fabulous Holley x

Laine said...

This is so stunnig Holley. Fabulous design and detail. You asked about the new Spectrum Aqua markers on my blog. One end is a soft point, the other for fine detail. If you click on the picture on my blog post it will take you to a page with all of the information.
Laine
xx

Jan said...

Fabulous xx Jan

Alyx said...

This is so lovely and carries such a great message. xx