Thursday, November 2, 2017

Dia de los Muertos

Here's a quick and cute card that combines some great Hambly Studio Overlays from Paper Temptress to make a bright and fun festive card for Dia de los Muertos.  Some time ago, I shared a card and talked about Dia de los Muertos (and I am sure I have shared many more cards, but at least once I talked about the actual holiday, which is quite popular where I grew up in south Texas).  
I am using a cute wood mounted stamp, it's a brand I don't know, but it was just a dollar or so and makes the cutest image!

It works perfect with these bright and beautiful papers from Paper Temptress for this holiday.  I started with Basis Black for my background.  Again, when I don't have cardstock that gives me 6" cards, I just take an 8.5x11" sheet, fold it half and make a 5.5" square card like this one shown.  I then added super cute layers of Hambly Studio overlays.  The first layer is pink bows called Pink Bow Ties.  Then I made a 3 layer sandwich of Neenah solar white, my stamped image, also on Neenah solar white, and a cut out from the Hambly Studio Overlay called Urban Chic Frames in lime.  

13 comments:

ionabunny said...

This is really cute Holley. Great stamp. There's a challenge for Day of the Dead over at The Lost Coast Portal to Creativity if you would like to join the fun. Hugz http://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.no/2017/11/welcome-to-new-event-dia-de-los-muertos.html

Em Louise Fairley said...

Spookily cute! xoxo

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous Holley, love the skeletons.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Laine said...

So cute Holley. Full of the spirit of the season!
Laine
x

Brawny x said...

Great card Holley x

Unknown said...

Super card, great stamp and loving that paper. Hugs Jennifer xx

Janet Packer said...

Love your card and colour choices. That is such a cute image too.

Fikreta said...


its wonderful!

Tracy Welham said...

Fab card, I love the image. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Shabneez said...

Cute one Holley - love the image as it brought a smile to my face. Shabneez x

Kathy said...

Fab card Holley!

Katie said...

Fabulous card

Kate M said...

Sounds like a bargain to me - great image, super fun card!!
xx