Thursday, January 5, 2023

Unity stamp

Here's a wonderful sentiment from Unity stamps.  It seems perfect for celebration month as it approaches, and I spend a lot of time in reflection.  I can definitely recall never really "taking surgery" as a serious option but knowing in the back of my mind that eventually it would be last choice.  It was obvious going to the doctor, looking at the back of the door, the huge chart of medications available to me (mind you I was taking FIVE meds at a time together) and looking at the POSTER size chart on the door realizing that I had taken just about EVERYONE of them.  So, either they were going to magically come up with new medications and quickly or ???

When I met Dr Aboumatar, it was obvious from the first appointment that the reason i was there was for surgery.  I just didn't realize it.  At soon as I did realize it.  I freaked out, and left the doctor room, literally walked out of the appointment room with the doctor like, where are you going?  I was like I need my husband now.  when my husband and I left the doctor, I was not as afraid of surgery, as I was afraid of being DIS-qualified from surgery, because all those years, surgery was always my last hope.

I am so very thankful that I qualified for surgery, and it was successful.

 if you like that lace here, check out the lace packs that I sell on Etsy:  LacePlaceByHolley - Etsy

6 comments:

Gaye said...

Prayers of thanksgiving for you. Beautiful card.

KarinsArtScrap said...

lovely card great sentiment Holley

gr karin

Mel C said...

Great card and that sentiment is so true, love your lace!

ionabunny said...

HUGZ. I can't imagine how scary your whole experience has been. The seizures for so long, the running out of options, the surgery. So glad you found a dr to trust and he was able to help. Hugz

Linda Vigil said...

It is so helpful for you to share experiences like this! BTW I live sentiments from Unity, and the lace! Love!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Thank you for sharing this, Holley. I cannot even imagine how scary it must have been for you. So happy all turned out okay, but it is good to remember and share what you were going through at that time as it makes your celebration more meaningful for those of us who haven't experienced anything like this. Sending hugs and heartfelt congratulations on your successful surgery and subsequent 13 years of health!