Thursday, February 8, 2024

Awesome Friend

 Here's a great multilayer card from Photoplay. It says, "You are such an awesome Friend."  I totally love these cute card kits.  They are fun to make (either in the way they show you or like me sometimes, any way I want) when you want to do cards but either don't have all the materials at hand or don't have the exact mojo needed to stamping, coloring, layouts,.....when stuck, I like to pull out these kits and create a handful of cards to get going again.

Question of the day:  do you every use card making kits?

Me?  I love card making kits from all companies, esp ones that have ready made pics.  It's fun to just put cards together either following the directions or not (I often change them from the directions), but sometimes I just wanna craft but lack the time and immediate inspiration to just pop out a few cards.


see the prize winner list HERE

Check out my wonderful Etsy store.   I sell precut lace in wonderful packs so you get 20 or 40 pieces all different in a wide array of colors, beautiful embellishments, or Lace Menagerie which is 6 yard assortments!  You can find the store here: https://laceplacebyholley.etsy.com

21 comments:

New Creations said...

I was unwell for the last few days, So visited today!
Love this cute card. I have only Little Birdie brand kits and sometimes, I love to play with them.

Valerija said...

Wonderful!
Sometimes I use card making kits.

Taty said...

beautiful and colorful card conveyed joy thanks.
I don't use kits to create cards. a warm hug Taty

Anonymous said...

Holley - your card is super cute! Yes, I make cards from kits, especially to take with me when I go on vacation. I love to craft in the evening and kits are very portable. Audrey R in Austin

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty card! Love the fun designs and colors!
I have a few kits here and I don't tend to use them very often, but I do like the way everything is coordinated in them! I should get them out and do some creating!

Suzanne H said...

I've never used a kit. They do look pretty and with everything you need in them they must be great for a quick card.

Becca Yahrling said...

Pretty card; love how colorful it is! I have used a card kit once. lol
I just have too many stamps & dies to use to buy kits, too. lol

Glennis F said...

No, I don't like kits, I prefer to make cards with my own supplies

Kathy Dippner said...

Sweet card! I've taken classes that supply a kit but have never purchased a kit.

Susan T said...

Adorable card! I love to use kits. They’re great to use when pressed for time or low on ideas, and are easy to take with you on the go.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I casually discovered your blog just now and I'm a new follower. Beautiful card. I've never used a kit, I prefer put together some bits and bobs from my stash when I have time to create.

ionabunny said...

Pretty card. I did buy a couple of scrapbook kits recently for the pretty papers LOL. Card kits I tend to use the bits for different projects rather than put them together as cards.
Hugz

bissecat said...

Beautiful card.I don't use kits to create cards.

Gaye said...

Ooh nice card! I have used kits and they are quick and easy!

Kellyskardsfl said...

Such a cute card. I love card kits. I get the Annie's Cardmaker kit of the month kit.

Sindhu said...

Lovely card... I haven't used a kit..

the Purple One said...

Card kits are fun. I love to get them then make them my own. Pretty colors!

Jean said...

I have used card kits . They do make it easier. This is a great card.

Marjeta said...

No. I do not use. I love , how you created your card.

Shelley said...

I have never (at least not yet) purchased a card making kit. After seeing the ones you have done I believe I may have to invest in a few!

Linda Vigil said...

Adorable card, I would totally use this card kit! In the past, when I would go to craft expo, would tend to buy them but not make them, but I have made a commitment produce more cards and such this year, career and caring for loved ones were being allowed to block me here, but I am determined! I mentioned that I treasure card making kit subscriptions that I have but am not really using like I should. One of them allows a bypass to stamping but not bypassing diecutting to do it. At Joann, I bought a supercute Heidi Swapp put the card pieces together to make cards type of kit that I am going to make SUMMER THEME cards for this year, 100%! My bestie comes home from a Caribbean cruise today and this would be perfect for her. I will commit to making one for her today, thanks AGAIN for the inspo to soul search, Holley.