Saturday, July 25, 2009

She's a Star!

Here's my little star! She's one of the new Gorjuss girl stamps from set 3. She's holding a star of her own with adorable little star shaped barrettes.


I love the contrast of the blue and yellow in this card. I think the partial blue background makes the blue coloring in the dress stand out. I don't have a large star die cut, in this case I simply used a pen to lightly draw a star on the back of a piece of cardstock and then cut it out. Flipped it over and glued it to the card. I used a souffle pen to outline the star and the remnants from the cutout to give the edges some interest. This is another example of a very flat card that would get past the post office without complaints.

Project Materials:
Card (Bazzill); Carstock (DCWV); Stamps (Gorjuss Girl-Sugar Nellie; Saying-Hero Arts); Ink (Versafine); Color (Derwent, Crayola watercolor pencils); Souffle White pen; Copic Marker E00

No comments: