Monday, May 3, 2021

Cat lady

I just love this funny stamp from Unity stamps.  I am not really a cat lady (in person) but perhaps in heart.  She is just TOO cute.  I think in person though this might be a bit overwhelming.  Makes me want to go to a cat cafe though so I can pet a cat or two.  One thing about Istanbul is there is a lot of very tame cats all over the place that you can (and people do) take care of and nuture.  They are city cats and have been tagged by the city (there's also dogs....same) that just live on the streets but they are tagged and have been given shots and taken care off and the locals just care for them.

One story about that.  I was enjoying a morning, sitting across from the Blue Mosque.  Some stranger approached me, unusual (unless he was a salesman, either a tour guide or a carpet salesman), he came an sat right next to me.  Weird.  Esp in that culture.  There's not one other person around but me and that man.  At any rate, he's talking a LOT.  at some point one of the very large city dogs walks right up and sits right in between us!  Yep.  Time for me to immediately excuse myself and take off.  I petted the dog for a moment and he (the dog) and I left.

10 comments:

Valerija said...

Such a beautiful card!
Valerija xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

such a beautiful and great card Holley
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Holley this is a fantastic card. That is a brilliant image. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Gaye said...

Angels may sometimes come in the form of animals. The dog was a sweet protector. Cute cat card!

Dana M said...

Fabulous card! Super cute and so fun with all those kitties. Sounds like that sweet dog was your savior that day ;)

Melodyscraps, mixed media goddess said...

Thanks for sharing that interesting story! If all cities took care of their strays like that the world would be a happier place.

Kathy Dippner said...

Great card and story!

Mel C said...

That's so interesting, that the animals can roam around free. I would think they would be chasing each other! Fun card!

Linda Vigil said...

Great story. I love this stamp and haven't used....this helps to inspire me. Thanks!!!!

Fikreta said...

so cool card!