Monday, June 12, 2023

Best Friends

A lot of people's first question when I tell them I am going to Turkiye in the summer, especially when they find out I go alone as opposed to traveling with my husband who has to work, am I from there?  do I know anyone there?  I do have some friends that I have made along the way. I personally have found Turkiye to be fairly friendly.  I do have one friend that i met stateside when I was in college, so we were friends a very long time before I went to see her the first time I went to Turkiye.

My first couple of times I stayed with her in her home.  I mean, you can only invite yourself so many times to stay with someone, esp if you want to be there for two months.  Now I use AirBNB, I have been staying with the same lady that last several summers.  We are good friends at this point.  But I absolutely pay her.  She's super for the price!  if you need a place to stay, lmk I will pass on her info.  Unless you are going in summer, 'cuz i'm there, lol.

 we are hoping to travel together this summer as well. I am hoping to see Bursa and the surrounding area which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site with her.

4 comments:

Taty said...

Hi Holley it's great to have friendships that last over time.
I understand you too I travel without a gustando and vice versa. The sea/summer theme card is beautiful. Hugs Taty

Margreet said...

Great to have a friend in Turky and wonderful to do some travelling together.
Love your card with the bathing suits.
xxx Margreet

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card Holley and happy traveling. great that you have building up some friends there

gr karin

Gaye said...

Wonderful card! So nice to have friends to travel with and visit.