Thursday, August 27, 2009

Plant some seeds

Here's a cute 6" square card using Hayden of the Gum Drop Gang of Sweet Pea Stamps. The quote reads "All the flowers of all the tomorrows are in the seeds of today -Indian Proverb" How true is that?. Wherever we go we are planting seeds everywhere to produce flowers for tomorrow. I love to think that the cards I make plant seeds (ideas, thoughts, love) in people that will flourish later.

Tomorrow I will post a cute teddy bear card that I did with Copic markers. First real project using mostly markers instead of watercolors. The reason I love watercolors is because I like to blend a lot of colors together in one project. In this card you can see Hayden's hair, I used 2 shades of yellow and 2 shades of brown. Now I want to learn get the same effect using markers.

Project Materials:
Stamps (Plate #8 Gumdrop Gang from Sweet Pea Stamps); Colors (Derwent Inktense, Copic Marker E00); Ink pads (VersaFine Black, ColorBox Chalk Yellow Ochre); Skittles (dyed in yellow); Adhesives (1/8" thickness pop dots, glue dots); Tools (Corner Rounds, Stapler with yellow staples, Blender Pen);

No comments: