Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Paper Temptress Card

Here's a card I made for Paper Temptress. I used wonderful papers and stamps from Sweet Pea stamps.

Here's a photo of the card before I added the top layer. The top layer is a clear transparency sold by the Paper Temptress. I stamped on the transparency using a Magenta Rubber Stamp with Stazon white ink. I think the extra layer really adds to the beauty and complexity of the card.

I also stamped up the sentiment on the orange (Flame) mica cardstock and adhered it to the clear layer using glue dots.

Here's a photo of the finished card:

There are several ways you can add these transparencies to your cards. In this sample I took a transparency piece that is approx 5.5" by 5.25"; I folded back the last 1" of the transparency, leaving me with a 4.25x5.5" front and a 1" flap on the back. I used glue lines on the back side of the card to secure the transparency to the card. You can then use cardstock or nice printed papers to cover up the seam.

Another way to adhere your clear sheet is with brads. Yet another way is to use a half sheet of (same size as the card) and use ribbon or fiber to hold the two together. A fancier way is to puch to holes directly on the seam and tie a nice bow that will hold the two together.

You can also cut a smaller piece of the clear cardstock and use glue dots to hold the paper down. You can disguise the glue dots with embellishments (such as flowers) or a nice paper border.

Project Materials: Paper (Paper Temptress--Black Felt Grandee, Flame Mica, Neenah Classic white solar crest, Crystal Clear); Stamp (Sweet Pea Rubber stamps); Ink (Memento, White Stazon); Border Punch (Fiskars); White Corner mounts; Color (Copic Markers);

14 comments:

Emily said...

Fab card, love the colours and that image is great, I think i may need her, lol x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

You can get that image from Sweet Pea stamps. She's great. I have the whole sheet, they all stamp wonderfully.

Hugs, Holley

Vicky said...

Beautiful . this is a great card.

Megs said...

very pretty :)

WickedPixie said...

This is SO pretty! I love the color combo and your coloring! That transperency really adds a beautiful element! :-)Traci

the PaperTemptress said...

I love love love love the snowflakes on the clear cardstock, amazing card!

Patricia
the PaperTemptress

Crazy Creations said...

I love your card its great!!!!Hugs Sarah

Sammi said...

WOW! This is gorgeous... LOVE those colours!
xxx

gina g said...

Absolutely beautiful card i just love the image, i've just made a card with this image. luv gina xx

Micki said...

Oh girl, I love the colors you chose. And love the card design. Gorgeous.

Monika in VA said...

The transparency paper does add a lot of dimension! Love the details!

Crazy Creations said...

I tryed to post on the other one it wont let me But love the card you made up on top.Hugs Sarah

Randi said...

Gorgeous Holley! I love the warm oranges and red! Great colors for this image!!

Christine Riley said...

What a gorgeous card! love your coloring.
Hugs, Christine