Friday, July 1, 2011

Crafter's Companion Paint Fusion

Happy Friday everyone! Here's a Paint Fusion product using one of the newest flowers in the stamp line, a Sunflower! I used different colors on mine though. I had an assortment of yummy paints and used a combo of red and butternut. Here in Texas amongst the Sunflower patches, you will look out and see the red ones. They are a bit darker than the image on my card here, but you get the idea. I had this stunning paper with a shimmery finish and I wanted the flower I created to match the paper.
I made the card XL and tall like a legal size envelope. I can also use some of the yummy pink shimmery paper with my Ultimate Tool to make a perfectly sized matching envelope! To create this project, first I used one of the recycled ATC chipboards, created a background with a crackle pattern; I stamped the images onto it using white Stazon Ink, painted my flower and parts of the leaves. Then I used the stamps as background images for my card (they work great just like any rubber stamp would! You can use these stamps just for ordinary stamping too!) Finally, I mounted my painted art onto the card.

What a wonderful way to share your tiny painted masterpiece!


Cheers all! Holley

Crafter's Companion Products Used:
Sheena Douglass Stamp Set Sunflower
Sheena Douglass Paint Fusion DVD
Paint Colors: Primary Red, Butternut, Mulch, Zucchini, Raspberry
Royal and Langnickle Brushes: 1/2", fine point
Green Glue
Recycled Chipbboard Die Cuts ATC
15"x18" Inkessentials Nonstick Craft Sheet
Pearlescent 8.5x11" Paper in brights (pink and green shades)
Stazon Opaque in White
Memento Ink Tuxedo Black

4 comments:

judyjstamper said...

this is gorgeous Holley! love the colors.

Teresa said...

Just beautiful Holley...all that talent you have, and you are a painter as well! Colors are stunning! Hugs,T

* Shell B.* said...

Beautiful Holley, Love the colors that you chose

Shell~Alaska♥

Holley said...

Thanks everyone. I hardly consider painting a skill of mine, but the videos and practice sheets from Sheena are designed to help anyone try painting so here's my attempt :)

Cheers, Holley