Friday, July 20, 2018

One must be Brave to Be an artist

Here's a wonderful image from Dilly Beans. I love this artist's images, esp all the skulls she makes.  The sentiment says, "One must be brave to be an artist."  I think that means that you must be brave to share your work with the world and put yourself out there.  It's very must like sharing a private piece of yourself when you share your art.


I hope you are having a fabulous summertime. I can't believe it's more than half over now.  Have a brilliant day everyone!

9 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

fab Holley

Em Louise Fairley said...

Great card, Holley. I love the sentiment xoxo

Melodyscraps, mixed media goddess said...

One truly must be brave to be an artist...and more than a few black eyes will happen. When you put your heart and soul into a piece and it is harshly viewed and criticised and rejected it really feels like a physical assault. I was invited to display at an art show last spring, and didn't sell a single thing. I was devastated. I don't know if I will ever be able to do it again.

Linda Simpson said...

Love this very much Holley.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sylvia said...

Great card Holley, fabulous image and sentiment.

Sylv xx

Kate M said...

Super image and sentiment, lovely card!
xx

Fikreta said...

its so great!

Kathy said...

So cute, Holley = love the colour palette you've used

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Lovely card Holley, super sentiment x