Saturday, March 14, 2020

WOO HOO Spring Break!

I am sure everyone everywhere is celebrating Spring Break....AT HOME.  Here they have cancelled SXSW which is a huge event in our city that brings in about $360,000,000 for the local economy.  I can't begin to imagine the hotels, restaurant workers, airlines, music venues, ... all those people with $300-3000 concert tickets who are just stunned.  I mean, I totally get not wanting to start a mass illness across the city but WOW, the huge amount of work and expense that has been put into this event and the financial losses both on the business side and personal side are massive.

As for me, I will be having a perfectly contest Spring Break at HOME.  that's where I like to be.  Resting and getting ready for what will surely be a long haul to finish up the school year.  Hugs all!!

16 comments:

Larisa said...

Such a cutie image ,well coloured and with a beautiful design paper.

lora said...

Your card is lovely!!!

Jackie T said...

Hi Holley this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Cute card Holly. Nice day. Danka

Gaye said...

Enjoy your time off and be safe. I really like the lovely lace.

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Love it, Holley! xxx I got my goodies yesterday. Thank you so much! ❤️

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Holley. Enjoy the spring break too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Linda Vigil said...

Elegant touches to this card! Yes, SXSW was the first major event that I heard was cancelled, Coachella and Stagecoach local in So. California were postponed until October. Prayers continue that these and so many other seemingly extreme, but hopefully prudent measures help to save lives. My prize package arrived yesterday, thanks so much!

Dana M said...

Fabulous card! Love the elegant and classic design.

Karthikha said...

Lovely card! Enjoy the spring break! Stay safe!

Jean said...

have a wonderful break

Rhonda Miller said...

Lovely card. Enjoy the break. Here they've closed all school in the state and cancelled all large events/gatherings. It's crazy.

Fikreta said...

So very sweet.

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is lovely Holley and have a great break
Gr Karin

Em Louise Fairley said...

Cute card, Holley. Enjoy your break xoxo

Mel C said...

Great card Holley, rest while you can!