Friday, November 24, 2023

Black Friday

 My American Friends all know what black friday means, but for my friends out of the country, black friday is the day after thanksgiving typically when stores give some of their biggest sales of the year for Christmas time.  It's thought to be the time when stores go from being the red (not profitable) to black (profitable).  Black friday sales for Christmas are HUGE.  sometimes people get up in the middle of the night and camp out in front of stores to be the first one in the door for the sale or stores open up in the middle of the night!  As for me, I'm staying home.  Now that we have computer sales, much of the traditional black friday habits have changed.

So, I thought today good for the first christmas card 


this card is made on fancy handmade paper (not handmade by me) with cute little penguins and some wonderful Turkish lace!

Check out my lace store for some wonderful lace pieces in many colors, lace menageries (1 yard lace assortments), lace embellishments all perfect for your crafting projects!!  LacePlaceByHolley - Etsy

3 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

well Holley here in holland the want that too, but you only get 10% or 20% off so for me is not black friday, now we get 40% off plants and my hubby erik is a fan of plants, so I think he wants to go this weekend hahahaha.

you have made a cute card with this pinquins

gr karin

Gaye said...

Darling card!

Taty said...

Hi Holley, also in Italy this is the black freeday week with discounts up to 60% but I also prefer online shopping so I live with less stress. happy Sunday 😘