Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love Is....

Here's one of ching-chou kuik's Fanasy Art stamps from plate #22. I paired it with the "Love is" quote from Plate #17. It makes a beautiful Valentine or just a nice way to say "I love you" to someone special. Today is also my sister's bday, so let me say "Happy Birthday, Honey!!"

Here's a quick tip for adhering ribbons to an odd surface like this one: I took two ribbons, a black ribbon and a thinner red ribbon. Because the card is corrugated, it would be hard to attach the ribbon directly to it. I cut a thin strip of paper just a little smaller than the black ribbon. I used ribbon glue to adhere the ribbon to the paper strip and then glue the red ribbon on top of the black ribbon. I could then use regular adhesive to attach the paper strip to the card.

Project Materials: Stamps (Sweet Pea Stamps Plate #22 and #17); Ink (Memento, Colorbox Chalk); Heart Brad(Bazzill); Round Tag(Stampin' Up); Cardstock (DCWV); Color (Copic Markers);

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Beautiful card, Holley! It makes a very special valentine.

The ribbon tip is great. Thanks!