Friday, January 27, 2012

Happy Valentines!

Here's a wonderful Sweet Pea stamp from artist Terra Bidlespacher called Rainbow Drear (Plate #182). If you check out the original as colored by the artist, you will see how different the image looks on my card. I colored up this image for a Valentine. Even though she kind of has a ho-hum look on her face, just wait until her Valentine shows up. Her little face is going to light up.
Isn't she so adorable and dressed for the holiday? I added some wonderful glitter adorned paper from K&Co, some beautiful flowers with bling and die cut the image out with a huge circular die cut and adorned it with pink ribbon. Here's a close up of the stamped image, colored in Copic Markers:

Can't you image the smile coming to this little girl's face? I almost have to laugh and think if you have a teenager, you are probably used to seeing this expression a lot anyways! If this is the look on my face on Valentines, you best bring out the chocolate (white chocolate preferred, thanks!!)


Have fun making tons of Valentines for the upcoming holiday, be sure to check out all the wonderful stamps on sale at the website and Feb is going to be a month long blog candy celebration at Holley's Blog with games and fun going on all month long in a huge giveaway to celebrate the two year anniversary of successful brain surgery. Be sure to come by and win some!

9 comments:

riliska said...

So pretty - I really like the combo of papers and colors. Great mix of embellies too.

Hlora said...

Amazing project!

Larisa said...

Your card is fantastic! Image is so beautiful and the colouring is purfect!!!!!
Sweet sweet card ♥

Crafterkhush said...

beautiful card Holley.... :-)

Love crafts forever said...

Wow! I love that ribbon work, and how you added flowers. Image at self just too cute. Lovely card Holley.
Hugs Nataliya

Melissa said...

I like her expression and the coloring!

Chrisann said...

Your coloring is awesome, and I love the laced ribbon!

Scrappin Sista said...

very cute card, love the colors that you used!!

Holly Young said...

So cute Holley. I love how you used the ribbon and I can definitely see the sullen teenager look on her face.