Saturday, May 21, 2011

Broken Angel

Here's a stunning stamp called Broken Angel by artist Merdith Dillman (Plate #107). I just love the beauty of this stamp. I wanted to give this stamp very rich coloring so I chose bright blues and dark yellows. I then matched those colors with cardstocks to create the card.The beautiful border surrounding the image is done with large size punches from Martha Stewart. I lined the center with shimmery silver paper and then added my Copic colored image along with my saying for the card. The saying comes from another Merdith Dillman sheet Plate #98.

15 comments:

Love crafts forever said...

It is very beautiful stamp. I love her sad eyes, and at the same time you can feel love from this image. I can look at her all day. And you coloured her so beautiflul.
Hugs Nataliya

Love crafts forever said...

LOL, i spell wrong "beautiful"

Hlora said...

Great image! Love the colouring)))

Larisa said...

Oh, already I saw this card anywhere... It is adorable!

stamping sue said...

Holley! just beautiful!
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

JennyLilac said...

Ooooh I just bought that punch! This makes me what to pull it out - thanks for the inspiration!

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Beautiful card Holley, I just love it.

grandmalee said...

This is a stunner, Holley! Your colors blend perfectly with the punched cardstock! I see this is another MS punch...gorgeous!

J e a n i e said...

Wonderful coloring, Holley! Particularly like the highlights and shadows in the blue shawl!

Glennis F said...

Stunning card Holley - that punch looks great

* Shell B.* said...

OMG Love it Holley! Wonderful job on your coloring!

Shell~Alaska♥

Sue in CT said...

Oh....looks so sad. Your coloring isn't that is for sure. Wonderful!

Linda W. said...

Oh my, she is just beautiful Holley - took my breath away! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Great coloring, and love that frame!

Kimi said...

great card and I LOVE the punch!