Friday, May 6, 2011

Butterfly card using Paint Fushion

Here's a wonderful card I made with a beautiful sets of products that are about to be released by Crafter's Companion. These products are set up with a great DVD featuring famous artist Sheena Douglass. She is very well know for her fabulous painting techniques. Now, they have combined her techniques with RUBBER STAMPS! There's wonderful stamps, practice sheets (that are laminated so you can use them over and over) and a DVD to teach you her techniques to paint.I will say that I have NO experience painting. Hopefully that gives you an idea of how great the kit is, since I was able to sit down, watch the video, and make this card. I will honestly say this is the FIRST one I did. I had a ton of fun by first making the crackle backgrounds, but as for the painting of the butterfly and leaves, I did the painting on the practice laminated sheets and then straight onto this crackle background shown here.

The painted butterfly and the stamped word "Butterfly" come from the Butterfly set. The leaves shown here come from the Rosebud Set. The colors of paint that I used on the image here are Primary Red, Rose, New Grass and White. For the crackle background I used an ordinary piece of matt board and paint colors Raspberry and Butternut. After the image completely dried, I used a very old nail file to roughen the edges of the entire painted image including rubbing it gently across some of the painted area. Note the bottom of the leaves, how you can see the stamped image of the veins very faintly.

So, this has been my start into the realm that mixes painting and stamping together. Check out all the new Sheena Douglass products and join me in the fun!

10 comments:

Glennis F said...

Looks very professional!

* Shell B.* said...

Beautiful job on painting and the over all card Holley.....very pretty and I'm sure Sheena would be proud of it too!!

Shell~Alaska♥

Love crafts forever said...

OMGoodness. I think this is my favourite card from you. This is just gorgeous Holley. You are good lol.
Hugs Nataliya

grandmalee said...

Oh no! More goodies that I must try! I love Sheena's stuff, so I can't wait to see all of the new stuff!

Crafterkhush said...

Wow... This is truly unique....Great work...

ladyj said...

Great Job Holley but then that's no surprise to me!! You do great work!!

Marianne said...

Beautiful butterfly! I almost can't believe you when you say you never painted before! Great card.

Jan L (WowStampers) said...

Hi Holley,
Lovely card. I love butterflies!

Jan L

Pat said...

Loving ALL yours cards, Holly, 'specially that cutie patootie fairy! Stay well, and run straight.

Sue in CT said...

Wow! I love this and there is no way I would have known it was a kit and the first time you ever did it either. This looks so professional and pretty. Great job!