Monday, May 23, 2011

Squigglefly Challenge: Paper Piecing

Here's a great image from Squigglefly called Mia and Bosko. I just love this adorable little girl and her cute cat. The challenge on their blog this week is to do a paper piecing project. Paper piecing is when you stamp on various papers and piece those papers together to create your image. For Digi-stamps, I created a template on a plain sheet of paper by printing out my image multiple times, then I gently glued down some colored and printed papers to that sheet over those images (so I know that my printer would print the image exactly where I wanted it to. Then I had my image printed in multiple colors that I could use to "piece" my final project together. To see this adorable stamp in the Squigglefly store, CLICK HERE
There's a contest this week on the Squigglefly Challenge blog, be sure to go and play! Winner gets a prize from Squigglefly. CLICK HERE to go to their blog. Also there's blog candy below, scroll down to the May 13th posting and be sure to leave a comment to be eligible to blog candy. Check the listing each day to see if you have won! Winners, if you see your name, email me your address so I can send out your prize - htondre@aol.com

Project Materials: Cardstock (Bazzill, Bling, Hobby Lobby, Neenah); Digistamp (Squigglefly); Ink (Colorbox Chalk); Border (K&Co); Die Cut (Spellbinders Nestabilities); Adhesives (Pop dots, Glue All); Color (Copic Markers);

9 comments:

Linda W. said...

She's really cute Holley! Gotta go try that one! Thanks.

Love crafts forever said...

Wow! You did fantastic job on paper piecing, it's looks grate.
Hugs Nataliya

stamping sue said...

paper piecing is always a fun way to create different looks.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! Holley, this is really sweet hun!! I love the gold papers on her hair!! So creative and fun!! :) Great take with the challenge! Smiles, *Vicki*

Pat said...

Great paper piecing! I just started paper piecing and love it! Thanks for sharing.

Larisa said...

wow! SO great paper-frames! The paper is beautiful))) Love the image with girl and cat! The cats is what i love almost the same as the Mermaids)))

Holly Young said...

This is really cute Holley. You used such wonderful textured paper on your pieces.

* Shell B.* said...

Adorable card Holley great job on your paper piecing!

Shell~Alaska♥

Sue in CT said...

The card is great...stamp and all but what really draws my attention is the wonderful texture. I love it.