Saturday, September 19, 2009

Anime Stamps

Something I have been seeing recently is Anime (or Manga) style stamps; In a nutshell, the difference is "Anime" is derived from Japanses style Animations whereas manga comes from printed comics. I have started seeing a lot of this type of art and it is now creeping into the stamping realm as well. Here's a girl stamp that I picked up off of ebay from a company in the UK. I don't know whether it is anime or manga. For all I know this could be a popular character in some comic series or tv show.


I think what I like about it is simlar to the face features of the other stamps I like. Large eyes, innocent looks with little or no other facial features. I picked up a handful of these stamps and will show them over time.

Today is the last chance to vote for the card of the week (Sept-7-12), so please go to the right hand column and pick your favorite card from last week. You can scroll down to see the cards again if need be. Thanks!

Project Materials: Card (DCWV); Stamp (Girl-unknown; Saying-Hero Arts); Sewn cardstock (Ann Linton); Ink (Versafine, Vivid); Color (Derwent Inktense); Flower (Prima); Brad (Basic Grey);

No comments: