Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Moth

Here's a lovely image from Sweet Pea Stamps artist ching-chou kiuk called "The Moth". You can see this image on their website by clicking here. I love these beautiful large size round stamp sets and have several great Spellbinders die cut sets that are large enough to create a background for them.After coloring the image with a large assortment of Copic markers, I used some beautiful webbed ribbon from the floral department as a great textured background for this card. I chose a great saying from Plate #70 and a couple of Prima flowers in orange. Hoping your Wildest Dreams come true this year!

Project Materials: Cardstock (Bazzill, Hobby Lobby, Neenah); Rubber Stamps (Sweet Pea Stamps); Ink (Memento, Colorbox Chalk); Adhesives (Pop dots, Glue All, Glue dots); Flowers (Prima); Brads (Making Memories); Webbing; Die Cut (Spellbinders-Nestabilities);

6 comments:

Dana said...

Holley this is over the top gorgeous! I just love the deep, rich color palette you went with! Your coloring is fantastic and boy oh boy... I want some of that webbing!!
Hugs~
Dana

Holly Young said...

Spectacular coloring Holley! Love the way you did the sentiment too.

Card Crazy said...

Truly beautiful coloring! That is one beautiful card!
Sue S.

cathy said...

Lovely card. Very dramatic.

Shelley said...

Beautiful, as always. I love these images and you color them so perfectly!

Melisa Marie McConnell said...

Holley, I LOVE, love, LoVe this card!!! You do amazing work with your copics!
I like how you made her eyes blue, they really do POP off the page that way.

I really like your "fairy" stamps. (though, she doesn't look like a fairy on this one... does she not have wings on?)

I'm going to have to get me some SP stamps! :)

Nice job, as always. Keep up the good work.
~Melisa Marie