Monday, January 17, 2011

Squigglefly challenge: Green, Silver with Flowers

Here's a cutie that is part of a Squigglefly challenge week. The challenge was to make a card using green, silver and flowers. I had an adorable image called Don't be Scared. This cute design is from artist Susan Spiller, you can order this stamp straight from their website, download it immediately, then size it to the exact size you want. I did mine using Microsoft word then printed it out straight onto 100lb Neenah paper with my laser printer. Would you like the play in the challenge contest? you could win a prize Click here to read about it: Squigglefly Challenge This card is also using stunning papers from the Paper Temptress, wonderful!! I used some beautiful Emerald green Mica paper, some bright white (Heavenly White) paper, and some stunning almost textured looking silvery paper called Laser Silver Lustre. These papers go together beautifully to make this card. While checking out the Squigglefly site, look at Susan Spiller's other stamps and if you like the stamp I do, I must also say, take a peek at artist's Cheryl Alger's designs...you are gonna see some of her stuff soon!

Project Materials: Cardstock (Paper Temptress); Digi Stamp (Squigglefly-Don't be Scared); Rubber Stamps (Text); Ink (Memento); Flowers (Prima); Brads (unknown); Diecuts (Spellbinders-Nestabilities); Color (Copic Markers); Adhesives (Pop dots, Glue Dots, Glue All);

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! This is just totally gorgeous hun!! I love how you've colored the image and your use of the colors is fantastic!!HUGS

Shelley said...

It's beautiful, as your art always turns out. I just want to hug this sweetie.

Tammy said...

Ah, what a sweet card. Beautifully colored and the touch of red just make the image pop.

Card Crazy said...

Darling card, Holley. Love the layout and that green mica paper is stunning.
Sue S.

Holly Young said...

Holley I love your coloring on this - your shading is just awesome! Your papers are fantastic and I like how you did the sentiment!

Kari said...

This is wonderful!What a cute image and beautiful colouring!
Have a great day :)

HUgs,Kari :)

Love crafts forever said...

Happy New Year Holley. This card really beautiful, what a cute image, and you coloured just proffect.
Hugs Nataliya.

* Shell B.* said...

I had to giggle your card is so cute and that sparkly card stock from paper temptress is so scrumptious....Awesome job Holley!

Shell~Alaska♥

Anonymous said...

My Dear Holley,your art has me addicted..I have to rush over to you blog first thing..
This little girl makes me want to cuddle her..Such scared look in her eyes..As always I am stuck for the right words to say ...your art is awesome..I like how you tucked the sentiments under that gorgeous, gorgeous paper!
I somehow missed her! So glad I found her.
Freeda

Anonymous said...

My Dear Holley....I'm addicted to your blog and have to rush over here first thing!! As usual your coloring is perfect...this little girl needs a hug! That paper is the prettiest I think I have ever seen..Tucking the sentiments under the paper layer is a great idea to inspire the rest of us..Again...Holley,your art is awesome!!