Friday, January 21, 2011

Pretty in Pink

I love using a monochromatic color scheme on cards and I thought pink would be perfect for Valentine's Day with this beautiful stamp from Sweet Pea Stamps. I selected a wonderful stamp from ching-chou kiuk called Seeing Through (Plate #42). You can tell from my color scheme how different the image looks than the artist's depiction on the website.I used Spellbinders Nestabilities to cut out some specialty paper to frame the image after coloring it with copic markers. I used a whole pink family R81, R83, R85, R87, and R89 for most of the red/pink highlights on the image.

To complete the Valentine, I added a wonderful verse from the Bible, 1 Corinthians 13:4-8; the saying comes from plate #17. The luscious flowers come from Queen and Co. The cardstock I used is from Bazzill and the cute borders are from Doodlebug.

Hope you have fun making Valentines for your loved ones!

Holley

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! This is just gorgeous!! Love the pinks!! ;)

Shelly said...

An exceptionally beautiful card, Holley! I love the way you colored her eyes.

Lorraine said...

oh Holley this one is so beautiful i love the colouring and your sentiment is lush xx

stamping sue said...

Holley, she is fabulous! I am really liking all the sweet pea stamps. I just might have to check them out.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Holley,I know I can never make cards to compare because being on limited income(Retired with social security)..How I'd love to shop like you!!!!
I do get tons of ideas from you and this image is SOOOO pretty! I'm into Celtic,druid etc history.So I do appreciate this beautiful card!!!
Freeda