Saturday, February 6, 2010

Paper Temptress Teddy Bear

I did some playing around with the wonderful clear sheets sold at the Paper Temptress. I decided to color one up using Alcohol inks from Ranger. I used three different colors: Wild Plum, Cranberry, andCaramel. I started by gently dropping the ink onto the clear sheet.

The fun thing is--if you get too much of one color in a certain area, all you have to do is add a different color. The second color drop will displace the first color. That is why you see the colors so clearly and there's blending of colors into a new color. Once completed, I let the sheet dry overnight. It seems to take a while to dry completely.
Now that we have this fun paper, what to do with it? Here's a couple of my ideas. I used a portion as a card background. I adhered it to white cardstock so the color would show. I adhered the clear paper very well, in the center only so there would be no glue lines showing on the card.

Another fun thing to do with this decorated cardstock is to stamp ON it. In this case, I stamped up this cute bear on Neenah classic white solar crest paper and color it with copic markers. Then I stamped the same image on my decorated clear paper. I cut out the heart and adhered it to my bear with a glue pen (carefully on the edges so you can't see the glue);

This card also uses beautiful sparkly gold paper, see a detail image of it below. This paper really shines in the light. It's amazing! The name is called "Gold Sparkle"

Project Materials: Paper (Paper Temptress- Clear sheet, Neenah Classic White Solar Crest, Black Felt Grandee, Gold Sparkle); Rubber Stamp (CC Designs); Ink (Memento); Color (Copic Markers);




7 comments:

Tricia Butts said...

Love this cute little bear, he is so huggable. Great use of color for the background and I love how you tied it in with the heart the bear is hugging. Thanks for sharing him with us.
Tricia Butts
Northglenn, Colorado

Anita said...

Wow! This is beautiful. What a great technique!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear your in the Hospital, but hope all is going well for you. Love your little bear and the background. Hugs, Diane

mary friederichsen said...

Darling Bear, I love him, and your beautiful background paper!
I hope you are feeling better, and are back at home at your craft table soon!
I will prayer for the Lords healing touch for you!
God Bless you,
Mary

Annie said...

Thanks for posting about using the alcohol inks. I just got some and wasn't really sure how to use them. Now I know. The card is adorable!!!
Hope to hear that you are out of the hospital soon, and wish you good health! Sending good health vibes your way!!
Annie

cathy said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Your bear card is very cute and colorful.

Anonymous said...

You can also appear for natural solutions for household tags.
Normally these moles are damaging and not often are
diagnosed cancerous.

Have a look at my blog post - customlawyer.com