Monday, July 5, 2010

Believe

This card started out with an old but fun piece of lace that I found. I loved the stitching on it and the sequins. I just wanted to include it in a card. This Sweet Pea stamp is designed by Elaine Cox and is called "Playing with Stars." To add the lace on the card I used staples in a misc pattern on the top and bottom and then added other metal embellishments such as brads, words and shapes.Next I think I want to try a fun piece of fabric or two on my cards. In hindsight I will say this ribbon was very loose and sheer which is why I used brads and staples for it, but for more solid ribbons or fabric, I would think about something like a xyron to adhere it. Wishing you a be-witching day!

Project Materials: Cardstock(Bazzill, Neenah); Stamp(Sweet Pea Stamps); Ribbon (Unknown); Brads(Hobby Lobby); Border (Doodlebug); Adhesives (Glue All, Popdots, Staples); Color (Copic Markers);

2 comments:

Love crafts forever said...

Beautiful colors, love your coloring Holley. Gorgeous card. hugs Nataliya.

grandmalee said...

I love what you did with the lace! This image is gorgeous and I love how you matched it so well with the papers!