Saturday, August 11, 2018

what I found in Istanbul, part 1

So I am sure as you all know, in additional to all the lace I am always looking for when traveling in Turkiye, I do also keep my eyes open for other crafting materials and of course, especially stamps.  Believe it or not I was tickled on this trip to find some actual stamps.  Not stamps imported from the USA, I will have to check where these stamps came from, they were not make locally in Tukiye, so I am guessing they were made somewhere in Europe.  At any rate, it was fun to find stamps that I can't ever see in the USA.

There was quite a stack of them in several of the larger art stores in Kadikoy, Istanbul;  (Lol, I guess by several I can recall three).  I only bought ones I thought I would use or perhaps give out as prizes during the Februrary Celebration!!

Here's some photos of some of them:





Next, weekend, I will post again with some additional photos of more of them.  Then I will share photos of some of the embellishments and other crafty items I found.

11 comments:

Susan T. said...

Those stamps look great! How fun to have discovered them on your trip! Did you bring an extra bag to haul your goodies back?

Linda Simpson said...

These stamps look fabulous! So pleased you had a good time in Turkey.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Melodyscraps, mixed media goddess said...

😮 what an awesome haul! I'm so glad you had a good time!

Marjeta said...

When I find crafty shop it is like Aladin cave for me. Cant live it if I don´t spend some money in it. I am sure you will enjoy in your new stamps.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

lol, no, but I didn't pack much in my suitcase but gifts for the host family so I had plenty of room for goodies coming home

Rhonda Miller said...

Looks like you found some fun stamp sets.

* Shell B.* said...

Wow the stamps look fantastic!

KarinsArtScrap said...

they are looking great Holley, not see them here in holland.

Em Louise Fairley said...

They look great, Holley xoxo

Audrey R said...

Hi Holley - glad you had a good visit to Turkey.

Shabneez said...

Oooooh these look good Holley - so pleased you picked them up. Shabneez x