Sunday, June 23, 2024

Guest Designer

 Here's a card that I found in a fancy store on Istiklal Caddesi (street).  Which is hugely famous place in Istanbul.  It has a famous red trolley and everything.  It's a shopping mecca.  Well, imagine my surprise when I found a store called Panter Kirtasiye.  Kirtasiye is basically a stationary or paper store?  in the broad sense of the term.  I was super excited as I have been looking for beautiful papers, which I KNOW are in that city but I haven't managed to find yet.  At any rate, imagine my surprise when I saw a wall of handmade cards.  Esp card there were some that were using TURKISH theme stamps.  I was tickled.  I asked the man if he knew or sold any stamps.  To no avail.  At any rate, the cards were very simple, but I was very enamored with the stamps so I purchased a couple of them that I will be sharing.  I was happy they had the card maker's name on the back.  The artist is Mine Fiore.




  

4 comments:

Taty said...

hi Holley you made a wonderful discovery in the stationery shop, when I'm on holiday I also go looking for stationery shops and bookshops to browse if they have scrapbook materials. a hug Taty

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You made a great discovery, but such a shame they don't sell the Turkish stamps! However, the card you bought is beautiful.
Hugs

Gaye said...

Ooh nice!

KarinsArtScrap said...

so lovely Holley.........gr karin