Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Magnolia 2

I just love these adorable stamps from Magnolia. This girl stamp is called Tilda.



Lately my favorite technique has been watercoloring the stamped images after stamping. I use a waterproof ink when stamping, my personal favorite is Versafine by Tsukineko; I stamp many images at once and set them aside so they will have sufficient time to dry. I usually give them a day or so. I have never had problems with running when I do that.

I have a lot of watercoloring tools including watercolor paints, pencils, and crayons. I love the crayons for coloring directly on the stamps; But when coloring in stamped images, I prefer to use watercolor pencils. My favorite pencils are Derwent Inktense. I don't think these are meant to be watercolor pencils, but they are water soluable, so they work for that purpose. They are much softer than any other watercolor pencils so I like the ease that they blend together. I also like that I can color in a single color, wet with a blender pen, then add more color with another pencil. As you can see from many projects, I love the results I get with these.

Project Materials:

Cardstock (Bazzill); Stamp (Magnolia); Vellum saying (unknown); Brads (Provocraft and Making Memories)

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Another pretty card. Holley. I love the Magnolia stamps. You're coloring with the watercolor pencils is awesome. Very nice shading.