Monday, July 20, 2009

RAGDOLLS!

I can't believe it, I finally got a copy of the retired TAC (The Angel Company) Ragdolls stamp set. I have been looking for this set for YEARS. On Ebay, stamping groups, trade spots, TAC yahoo groups, random internet searches, you name it. The other night I was just happened to do an ebay search (about the 400th time I have done one) and there it was! An excellent condition set! I couldn't believe it. Now here a week later the set is in my hot little hands.

Here's my first card done with the set. I just love the dolls in this set as wells as all the wonderful sayings. You will definitely see more of this set in the future.


As an aside the secondary goal of this card was to make something that's perfectly flat. I love to put the beautiful flowers, dimensional tape and other such accents, but I have also had problems mailing these cards. I have noticed that the post offices differ in their processing. I have one post office that will run their hand over your card and if they feel the SLIGHTEST bump--you get jacked up to package rate! Another has the post office standard mail slots cut out of plastic and they will simply stick it through the slot, as long as it goes through their test slot, it's considered "flat". I don't know why the standards are so different, but package rate for a card seems ridiculous at $1.22 for the first ounce. So, here's an example of a perfectly flat card that will pass any post office test.

Project Materials:
Cardstock (Bazzill); Stamps (Ragdolls-TAC); Coloring (Stampin' Up watercolor crayons); Edging (Colorbox chalk ink-chestnut Roan)

2 comments:

Shelly said...

This is a cute set, Holley. I like the card you made with it. I think it take more thought to make a flat card. I'm so used to reaching for the embellishments.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Keep an eye out, I just love this set so more will come of it!