Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Baby, it's cold outside!

Baby it's cold outside!  I guess that is of course relative to where you live.  To those of us here in central to south Texas, we are used to temperatures in the 70s, perhaps the 60s in the winter.  So, anything below 50 is uncomfortable.  So, as of late, it's been in the 40s for about a week, that's about as cold as it gets.  Now, I mean a HIGH in the 40s, so of course, add the wind chill, night time low,....it is getting to freezing, occasional snow (which is unheard of here), and even colder outside of the city itself.
Had to make this cute card to commemorate the coldness.  I will say real (meaning any level of snow that actually covers the ground completely) I can recall maybe three times my entire childhood, the last one being in high school, and once with us being out in the hill country! Since then I have lived further north and seen it more frequently, but still not used to anything but wearing shorts year round.  I don't own a "real coat," I wouldn't recognize a snow blower if you showed me one and I have never shoveled a sidewalk ever!  Stay warm.

Project Materials:  Cardstock (Bazzill, Neenah);  Rubber Stamp (Crafter's Companion); Ink (memento, colorbox chalk);  Lace (JoAnns);  Saying (Cosmocricket);  Adhesives (pop dots, Glue All, Glue dots, ribbon glue); bling (skittles);

4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

ahhhhhhhhh so cute and beautiful Holley.
have used your stampset today oooooooo so gorgeous.
my sister in law has used it too.

greetings karin

Snoopy said...

This is so adorable, Holley! LOVE the image.

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Patacake said...

Holley, I love the trials you drew above the Skittles!! Cute card!!

Sue in CT said...

So cute! It is cold out here and I wish I didn't have to see snow or shovel or wear layer on layer of clothes but someday I will finally move south and be out of it. Of course, cute cards like this make it all the more bearable.