Monday, January 7, 2013

Snowman says thanks!

Happy Monday everyone!  You know what that means?  I am sure if you have visited before, then you know Monday is often for a Squigglefly Challenge.  This Monday is Rhonda's team and I am making a card to participate in this week's challenge.  The theme this week is to make a thank you card.  This is a perfect time to do it, as I know everyone has gotten many wonderful things over the holidays.  I am using an adorable new image from Cheryl Alger called Winkie's Snow Day Dreaming.
All the great papers on this card are from Paper Temptress.  So check them out, the base of the card is a bright red cardstock called Pop Tones Wild Cherry.  The snowman stamp was printed out on Neenah Solar White 80lb paper.  For Digi-stamps, I typically use this paper because it runs through my particular printer very well.  If I am rubber stamping the images and coloring in copic markers, I also love to use the Heavenly White paper.  The background paper that I die cut with Spellbinders as well as the paper that I tore behind the saying is Glossy Sky Blue.  To finish of the front of the card, I used a piece of the Hambly Overlays.  These sheets are typically sold in 12x12" papers.  They are just perfect for adding wonderful embellishment to your card that's unique.  A single sheet is enough for tons of decor for lots of cards.  The sheet used on this card is the Gold Hanging Heliconas.  Lastly, I used a small piece of translucent vellum for the saying, you can either stamp a saying on it or run it straight through a printer!

Be sure and drop by the Squigglefly Challenge Blog this week and play in the Thank You card contest!  You can use any stamp you like, but if you use a Squigglefly stamp, even a freebie, you are eligible for a prize.  Check the Squigglefly Site for Freebies.

Project Materials: Cardstock (Paper Temptress);  Digi-Stamp (Squigglefly); Button (Bazzill);  Adhesives (Pop dots, Glue Dots, Glue All);  Die Cuts (Spellbinders Nestabilities);  Colors (Copic markers);

10 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. I just love that snowman. Too cute.

KarinsArtScrap said...

such a fun image and great card Holley.

greetings karin

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card Holley, loving the image.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Charlene Mitchell said...

Love the strip of embellishment on this Holley and the torn scrap under the sentiment really adds some beautiful detail! Great colouring as always!

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

I'm in love with your snowman-it's just a thing I have! So perfect for a Thank You card Holley!
Carolyn

Kathy Bradley said...

Holley,
Very, very cute - I love the blue/white oval ring!

Snoopy said...

Adorable snowman! Love the card.

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Holly Young said...

Holley this is a darling thank you card. I love your sentiment and the little heart button!

Sassy Cheryl said...

Simply GORGEOUS and you know I'm loving the red! My favorite color.

bumblebee creations said...

I swear I commented on this card the other day--maybe I am losing my mind!! I totally love your coloring-what a perfect Thank You card--thanks for playing along with Squigglefly!