Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thinking of you

Here's a stunning image from artist Conie Fong of Sweet Pea stamps. I just love her work. This image is beautiful and I was feeling very RED when I colored it. She has several brand new stamps coming out at the Sweet Pea store and all week her images will be featured on the Sweet Pea blog by all the different artists.





This image is called "The Arrival of Spring" and it is sold individually or on Plate #185. I used several stunning shades of red copic markers to color her. I also used some beautiful lace that I got in Istanbul, Turkey. The richness of the red so matches the card.


Project Materials: Cardstock (Bazzill, Neenah); Image (Sweet Pea Stamps); Lace (Istanbul, Turkiye); Die Cuts (Spellbinders Nestabilities); Sewing (Linda W); Ink (Memento); Adhesives (Pop dots, Glue All, Glue dots, Ribbon Glue); Color Copic Markers);

All Conie's stamps are on sale at the Sweet Pea stamp store this week. Go check them out!

6 comments:

Trish said...

This image is really lovely and you have made it so vibrant, plus the addition of more gorgeous lace. TFS
Hugs,
Trish x

Love crafts forever said...

Wait a min... did you sew on this card????? I think this is first time i see it. Good job Holley. Oh and i love this image. You pick awesome colors for her.
Hugs Nataliya

Margie Higuchi said...

Awesome coloring on the image and so vibrant. Love the red in the card!

Holley said...

Thanks all. And Nataliya, I wish I could claim that I was skilled enough to sew! But alas, I am not. You can see on my "project materials list" that I listed that sewing piece of cardstock to it's maker a dear friend of mine, Linda W.

beauty said...

I think your emotions in your blog are completely honest to you and your friends/readers. Thanks for sharing.

beauty said...

.Indeed a very nice post and I am a devoted orthodontist reader at Las Vegas.Your post is really very valuable. Thanks for sharing. keep up the good posting.