Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Paper Temptress Easter Card

So I picked out my favorite bright spring colors and a wonderful easter theme image to make a lovely card using beautiful papers from Paper Temptress. The base of this card is Orange Fizz. It's just a great bright and playful color! I colored the shirt of the girl and the color of the bunny she is holding to go with the papers.
The image is printed on Heavenly white, the background is diecut from heavy duty wonderfully thick based Lemondrop 100 pound cardstock. I die cut them with Lifestyles (formerly Quickkutz dies); I added some great punched borders using from loose paper leftovers (that's why we always save those cutoffs) in Neenah, punched with a Martha Stewart border punch.


The image on this card is called Polly and Butterscotch from artist Cheryl Alger of Squigglefly. The challenge this week on Squigglefly is "Anything Goes" so this card qualifies and I am going to sign it up. Hop on over the the Squigglefly Challenge Blog and enter your own card. If you don't have a Squigglefly image, grab a freebie from the Squigglefly Website to play along. The freebie does count and you can win a prize for using it!!


Project Materials: Cardstock (Paper Temptress); Image (Squigglefly); Punch (Martha Stewart); Die Cuts (Lifestyles); Adhesives (Pop dots, Glue All); Color (Copic Markers); Ink (Colorbox Chalk); Buttons (Grandma's Button Bag);

11 comments:

CheckerBeads said...

aw, so cute! reminds me, I better get my Easter cards in the mail. :)

Anne

KC said...

I'll have to go check this out! I love that image such fun bright colors!!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute.

Bhawana said...

lovely bright colors and image very sweet.

Holly Young said...

Really sweet card Holley. I like the bright, summery color!

Glennis F said...

So cute Holley, lovely and bright

* Shell B.* said...

Adorable card Holley.....lovely colors!
Work seems to get in the way now a days that I have little time for crafting.

Keep up the good work!
Shell~Alaska♥

Sue in CT said...

This is very cute. I love your Your background. That looks amazing. I mean I love your image and coloring but the background on this one grabs my attention because it is so unique ...it is fantastic! Really love this card and oh gosh....reminds me I have to do mine their isn't much time left.

bumblebee creations said...

so cute Holley! Thanks for joining in our Squigglefly challenge

THERESA said...

Just love this, such a cute image and jippeee for those cut offs, right.............:))
ps: so glad when i don't get that 'white page', lol, think i might be on SA side as i just saw on another SA blogger that she is having the same prob as myself, arghhhhhhh
lotsa luv

Charlene Mitchell said...

Love the bright, spring colours Holley. You coloured this image so beautifully! Great card!