Sunday, March 3, 2013

Good Things

"To do good things in the world, first you must know who you are and what gives meaning to your life."  How Wonderful is that?  The simplest of things can do something good even.  For some, just stopping and talking to a person can do be a good thing.  Just reaching out and letting someone know you do care.  I wrote my doctor a card when I took his package to him last month, I told him about this celebration and how many people might write me at times and tell me about their own stories after they read mine.  How hearing about what I went through would encourage them to keep on going and keep on looking for the medical help they need as well as seeking that care and doing that surgery that the doctor is encouraging them to do even though it is so frightening.
If that is the smallest thing I can do to make a difference to others and that doctor gave me that, then he has reached out to hundreds of people just through me.  Multiply that times the hundreds of people (at this point in his career) that he has given care for (at the same level as me).  Not to mention the other hundreds of patients that have received other types of care from him and his staff.  Most importantly he has me talk to people who are in very similar situations to mine and are perhaps facing brain surgery just like mine. 

Project Materials:  Cardstock (Bazzill, DCWV, Neenah); Image(Digi-stamp); Flowers (Recollections, Prima); Brads (Basic Grey, Imaginations); Hearts (unknown); Die Cuts (Spellbinders Nestabilities); Saying (DCWV); Bling (Michaels);  Color (Copic Markers); Adhesives (Pop dots, Glue All, Glue dots);

13 comments:

Bhawana said...

very true :)

Anonymous said...

This is awesome Holley!

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a wonderful image and card Holley.

greetings karin

Sylvia said...

Lovely card and sentiment. It is always good to give help to others and ease their fears a little.

Sylv xx

Rhonda Miller said...

What a pretty card. I love the sentiment.

Trish said...

Lovely card and such a beautiful sentiment. TFS
Hugs,
Trish x

postalorphan said...

Such a sweet image, and a cute card!

~ wendy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Phi said...

beautiful.

Sue in CT said...

Beautiful card and all I can say is the world is so blessed because of people like you (and your Dr.).

Anonymous said...

This is really cute.
looks like she has done something naughty.

kaye G

Leanne said...

Beautiful & absolutely true. God Bless You! Very few think this way.

Amy Martin said...

I completely agree. It is the smallest things that count. You can touch so many lives even if you only think you touched one. What you did for that one person spreads to others. Adorable card today. HUGS.