Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Thank you Nurses!

Here's a card I made using an image from a wonderful set of Freebies from Tiddly Inks.  These images were available on their Facebook site (try HERE).  I made two cards using them so far and sent them along with about 85 other cards to the local nursing home that is at the end of my street.  I just wanted to do some outreach to my local neighbors who I know have really been in "lock down".

They have been confined to their rooms, social distancing, unable to leave, have visitors, etc.  I thought some wonderful handmade cards would make their day.  I also sent cards for some nurses and the other office staff.  I really hoped it brightened everyone's day.  Perhaps if you know a local nursing  home nearby, reach out to them!  This home was one that my dear neighbor lived in for a while before passing.  He was a volunteer there for years and years while he lived next door and his sister in law lived in the facility and when he finally needed a home to go to, he went there.  So It's a place I have visited quite a number of times.


11 comments:

lora said...

The color of the paper is very pleasing to the eye. The wonderful lace on the card makes it elegant.

Jackie T said...

Hi Holley this is a wonderful card. That is a fantastic image you have used. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Gaye said...

This is a really nice, card!

Susan T. said...

What a beautiful card and thoughtful thing for you to do. I’m sure it was very much appreciated.

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful and very apt for these difficult days. Beautiful lace too. A very thoughtful card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sandra said...

Adorable card Holley!!

Gwyneth said...

A great card, and so apt in these current times. Very generous of you to donate so many cards as well.
GG

Fikreta said...

very beautiful card!

Kathy said...

Love this card! All round the world we have so much to thank those who are working to get us through this horrendous time for

Em Louise Fairley said...

So beautiful xoxo

Linda Vigil said...

Cute card and sweet post.