Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Find your courage!

Here's a stunning image from Stamping Chef. I am sure all of us know someone in our lives who has gone through Breast cancer or a scare with Breast Cancer.  I myself lost my grandmother to this. I also had a very horrible scare at only 28 leading to them removing tissue for a biopsy.  It will strike over 1 in 8 women now in the USA.  Protect your self and be tested regularly, esp if you have a family who has had breast cancer.

I am entering this card for the Stamping Chef (TSC) Challenge this week. I just LOVE her beautiful images, so it's one contest that I always seem to be doing.  I hope everyone will Find Their Courage this week.  HUGS!

Holley

I WON!!



Project Materials:  Cardstock (Neenah, Bazzill, unknown); Image (Stamping Chef); Ink (Colorbox Chalk); Die Cut (Spellbinders Nestabilities, Memory Box); Buttons (Grandma's Button Bag); Adhesives (Pop dots, glue all, glue dots); Sentiment (Cosmo Crickett);

14 comments:

Larisa said...

So bright and beautiful with gorgeous embellishments. I love this.

Melody Strahan said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors, and those die cuts are way cool!

Both of my step sisters have had breast cancer and survived it. My stepfather had it when he was young too. He was in his 30's. Not nearly as many, but men get it too.

Cumbrianlass said...

This card is stunning Holley, and a theme close to my heart, my Daughter in Law has just gone through 2 horrendous yrs and still has 3 yrs of treatment left, but she is on the road to recovery. so well done you for making this card to bring awareness to such an awful disease.
Hugs Janet xxx

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous card
hugs Tamara

jane stillman said...

A great card,and as you say we all know someone who has had to battle with breast cancer

Laine said...

Fabulous image Holley. Its an issue which touches us all. I had a biopsy a couple of years ago and was so lucky to have no malignancy.
Laine
xx

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous image and gorgeous card. I too had a scare but thank goodness it was only cysts. It is scary to think that 1 in 8 women will go through this dreaded disease. Thank you for sharing.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Holley xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow sexy image fab card and beautiful flowers Holley.

gr karin

Kathy said...

Great card, Holley, I love the way you used the die cuts.

Anonymous said...

a great card with a great message. love the cut out backgrounds.

kaye G

Tracy said...

Holley this really is a lovely card, and what a fab way of reminding people. sending hugs xxx

Pat Taylor said...

This is a brilliant card to remind people to get checked out. I too had a scare some years ago now and got it checked out to be told it was hormonal, phew. I also have a dear friend who has been going through this awful disease. Thanks Holley for reminding everyone to get checked with this wonderful card xxx

Vannessa said...

This is a fantastic card - love all the pink. Your colouring is fabulous too - thanks for joining in the Stamping Chef Challenge this week.

Hugs, Vannessa
TSC DT