Friday, July 11, 2014

Sad Valentine

 Here's a stunning image from Sweet Pea artist Enys Guerrero called A Sad Valentine.  I think this stamp is great for any particular occasion though. I colored her up in blues and pinks together and a background of warm grey.  I like the steampunk embellishment on the image itself, so I went with that and added a bunch of steampunk die cuts to the final card.

Don't you just love the forlorn look on her face?  I just love that she looks so mature at one level, but then you see that unicorn coddled up next to her still.

Be sure and check out the other images from artist Enys Guerrero.  There's another image called Magical Steam Girl....oooo, I just LOVE that image too.  You will be seeing a card very soon with that girl. 

Cheers, Holley

15 comments:

Tracy said...

Holley this is a lovely image, such a sad face, but you have create a beautiful card with it x

jane stillman said...

Really loving this image and the way you've coloured her. The steam punk die cuts are fabulous x

Melody Strahan said...

She reminds me of my daughter!
lol

riliska said...

your card is stunning. I love the colors and that image is gorgeous.

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow gorgeous image and card Holley.

Gr Karin

Laine said...

She is beautiful, but so sad Holley. Fab colour combo and detail.
Laine
xx

Brawny x said...

Just gorgeous. Great colours used x

Rhonda Miller said...

Your card is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute, my grand daughter would love it.
kaye G

Unknown said...

Just stunning the image is gorgeous and love the way you have used your colours and embellishments xx

Crafty Judith said...

Holley this is really beautiful such a melancholy expression I wonder who broke her heart hugs Judith x

Crafty Judith said...

Holley this is really beautiful such a melancholy expression I wonder who broke her heart hugs Judith x

Jan said...

Love this Holley, great attention to detail xx Jan

Ellis said...

Stunning card you've made and gorgeous coloring! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Pat said...

Ha! I've seen that look on my daughter's face before-that image is spot on and your card showcases it perfectly.