Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Never be afraid

Sharing this fun image from Simply Betty Stamps. I also added some gorgeous lace from Istanbul and some beautiful bling.  The sentiment, so very true to me as I have a huge scar all the way from the center of my head around the back to my left ear from the brain surgery.  "Never be afraid of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you."

I can recall my doctor asking me a month or two after surgery how I was feeling about the scar, perhaps it was even later.  I will say, I didn't even see it for about 4 weeks.  You are never looking at a mirror in the hospital and your head is wrapped all the time.  Was quite a surprise as they had shaved my head like a reverse Mohawk.  About all I could do is roll my eyes and think of how crazy I must have looked when I was leaving the hospital.  Took about a year for my hair to really grow back, at least enough to really cover up the scar completely.  SMALL price to pay for the amazing seizure free life that I have now. I told that doctor, that scar is not important.

Project materials:  Cardstock (Bazzill, Neenah); Image (Simply Betty Stamps); Sentiment (Unity Stamp Company); Ink (Memento, Colorbox Chalk); Lace (Istanbul, Turkiye); Buttons (Walmart); Bling (Recollections); Adhesives (pop dots, glue all, glue dots); Color (Copic markers);

13 comments:

jane stillman said...

Fab image and colouring x

Unknown said...

I love your attitude that's the only way to hell with what people think a scar does not change who you are. Am so glad yourlife is back on track,love your image and the lace, colouring is fab xx

Melody Strahan said...

Awesome attitude. Sometimes the causes of, or results of the scars change our lives, but you're right. The scar itself doesn't matter at all! I love this card!

KarinsArtScrap said...

its a beautiful image and card Holley.
Gr Karin

Laine said...

Such a stunning image Holley and a fab creation. Its so interesting to read your thoughts on your operation. An inspiration to us all.
Laine
xx

Linda Simpson said...

I just love the sentiment and so true honey. Gorgeous image and fabulous lace too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sylvia Anderson said...

Beautiful card with a lovely sentiment.....
I love your outlook on life.....
Enjoy every minute xxx (hugs)

Lou Sims said...

Fantastic card and love the story behind it's inspiration. Scars are there to remind us of how lucky we are and should be worn with pride. Thanks for sharing, Lou x

Jan said...

Love this Holley. Great sentiment I have lots of scars from quite a few operations lol. xx Jan

Andree said...

A fabulous card Holley and a wonderful image, lace and sentiment. I'm so pleased your surgery was a success. Your scar is your winner's badge and you should wear it with pride x

Kate M said...

What a super sentiment and so true - you are quite right!
Love this card - fabulous!
xx

Brawny x said...

Lovely card. Lovely thoughts too. I love the colour x

Anonymous said...

Love the stamp Holley, the sentiment certainly made my hubby smile, he had an op the other day and the scar goes from behind his ear, along to the centre of his jaw
and then from the point of his ear down his neck and along his collar bone and the it takes a right hand turn down his chest about 8cm. needed 48 staples. Just waiting now for radio therapy .... keep your fingers crossed.

kaye G